Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

The World is Small!

Our group went on a retreat up to La Tigra for the weekend. I just got back and woke up from a much needed nap.

It was a fantastic weekend filled with hiking, waterfalls, and many laughs.

When we first got up to La Tigra we napped, ate lunch and then began our 2 hour hike to the waterfall in the park. It was a beautiful hike after the first 20 minutes of some steep grade. Later, about 30 minutes from our destination we ran into the American looking family. We started talking to them, asking what they were doing, and then it hit me. I read the mom's shirt and it said 'Waterloo / Cedar Falls, IA' and I said a little too loudly, "I'M FROM PELLA!!" It was great to meet another fellow Iowan family on the hike. So crazy.  That's why the world is so small/ the title of this post.

I forgot my camera for the weekend, but I am sure I'll find some to share.
Here is a link to a website that has pictures of the waterfall we were at. Click for Pic

For now, here are some overdue pictures from my house.

Above. This is the view from my porch at night. I really wish I could do justice with a point and shoot but it just doesn't capture. The lights are Tegus, some clouds on top, and mountains flanking either side.

Above. This is me trying out the panoramic feature of the camera from my front porch. Just to the left of the tree is where you can see Tegus. It's a little cloudy today. You can also see a bit of mi calle. 

Above. This ladies and gentlemen, it what I wake up to every morning. I feel so blessed that this is reality for a few months. Beautiful beyond belief. It's even better in person! (hint, hint)



Hopefully this suffices for now and finds you all enjoying a wonderful Sunday.



4 comments:

  1. You gotta get bigger pictures lady! Glad you're there safe and sound :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just realized they get bigger when you click on them. My bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! What a beautiful way to welcome and complete each day. :) still think of you often and the great opportunity you had a few years back with some 'talents' from the Lord. Prayin he is continuing to teach you in that and prepare you for His plans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic view from your house! Glad to hear that you're having a great time and meeting Iowans while you do it! Keep up the posts y tal vez podemos charlar para que pueda yo practicar! Chau!

    ReplyDelete