Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Reporting from Michigan


This is real. 

That's the sentence I now have to keep repeating to myself to remind me that in eight hours I'll be on my way to Central America. It's just an odd feeling when you're staring what you know will be a life changing experience in the face. It gets even odder when you starting flirting with that reality. 

Instead of looking ahead now I am looking back a bit. This summer I have had the experience to work with many wonderful and talented people I would've never met otherwise - and I'm sure glad I did. (Can't vouch for their opinion though.)

Also, this past week even I have been able to see many beloved people in my life in Pella and GR. I am also SO thankful for the inventors of Skype. It makes me nostalgic, but also comforting that I have this support system back in the two places I call home. 

The backbone of this support system has to be my parents. I would not have the skills, courage or confidence for this journey if it wasn't for them. I mean, they did voluntarily clothe and feed me this summer. 

For the next 24 hours if you could throw up some prayers for safe travel, quick transitions, good health, and comfort instead of anxiety. 


Take care all. I'll do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment