Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

The Good, the Bad, and the Tasty


sight: fireworks! It's independence day tomorrow and they had a little parade to kickstart the festivities and capped it off with fireworks. and the marching bands here have a lot more style and better foot work than I could ever muster while carrying quints.

taste: here's what I had for dinner the other night. This is pretty typical: beans, fried plantains, over easy egg, salsa, ham, and tortilla. I was hungry y la comida.. ¡que rico! mi mama is one fantastic cook. 

touch: I am now feeling culture shock. I have the greatest urge in the morning to want to pour myself a bowl of cereal. After venting to Kurt and Jo Ann, I have been diagnosed with a classic case of culture shock. It manifests itself in different ways. Mine: breakfast cravings.

smell: for a while I couldn't. some allergies caught up to me and I spent Wednesday being "that annoying person in the back of the room constantly sniffling or blowing their nose."

hear: awesome class discussions. We've been getting into theories of development this week. This always sparks debates over pros and cons and puts us in some need grace and patience. 

There will be pictures to follow soon of the Quince parade in Teguc tomorrow. Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment